It seems to me that, with a few notable exceptions, most UK blawgs by lawyers are written by barristers, or aspiring barristers, rather than by solicitors, or aspiring solicitors. I have been pondering the possible reasons for this:
1. Barristers have more time on their hands than solicitors.
2. Barristers are more interesting than solicitors.
3. Barristers have bigger egos than solicitors.
4. Barristers have more to say than solicitors.
5. More barristers know how to use a keyboard than solicitors.
6. All of the above.
If you have any thoughts on the subject, please send them on a postcard to: The Interesting Facts About Barristers Department, The Bar Council, 289-293 High Holborn, London WC1V 7HZ.