- A guide to divorce proceedings, including completing all the required forms.
- A chapter on sorting out arrangements for children.
- Details of child support maintenance.
- A chapter on sorting out financial/property arrangements, whether by agreement or through the court.
- Chapters on domestic violence, costs and mediation.
- Specimen forms.
- Useful addresses and websites.
- A detailed glossary of legal terms.
- Updated to December 2008.
To save money! Even if the divorce is completely straightforward, and there are no arrangements for children and finances to sort out, a solicitor will typically charge between £500 and £1000 to deal with the divorce for you, not including court fees. If there are arrangements for children or finances to sort out, then the solicitor's fees are likely to be many times that sum. Even if you cannot deal with everything yourself, dealing with one aspect (say, the divorce itself) without a solicitor will result in you making considerable savings in legal costs. Even if you are instructing a solicitor, this book will keep you better informed, and can save you money - buying the book and using it to find answers to common questions can cost less than a phone call to your solicitor.
"Readable, informative, clear and, most important - practical." - Charon QC.
[Note that the digital version of the book is no longer available. The book is now available in hard copy - see here for details.]