You can apply to dispense with service of the petition, Mr Rigby

This headline appeared in the Daily Mail yesterday:

The story was essentially about Paul Rigby, who married serial bigamist Emily Horne in 1996, but now can't divorce her, as he can't find her. Well I have some good news for you, Mr Rigby: you can divorce her. All you have to do is apply to the court for an order dispensing with service of the divorce petition on her - the order will be made if you can satisfy the court that you have made all reasonable enquiries to trace her. Once the order is made, you can proceed with the divorce 'in her absence'.

You can find the affidavit in support of the application, together with explanatory notes, here.

Who said Family Lore wasn't a public service?