Family Lore Clinic 2: Does property abroad need to be declared in a consent order?

When you apply to a court for a consent order to be drawn up to give effect to an agreed financial/property settlement on divorce, you must file with the court a Statement of Information form, setting out brief details of the parties' circumstances and means, as explained in this previous post.

The Statement must include details of ALL property, and therefore details of property abroad must be included.

Property abroad is part of the property to be taken into account in the divorce settlement, and it is quite possible for any agreement regarding that property to be included in the consent order.

Note that failure to include details of all property could result in proceedings being brought against you for contempt of court, for making a false statement.

Again, if you require specfic advice, then you should consult a specialist family lawyer.